Mother nature can be temperamental in our picturesque part of the world. It can be 80 degrees today and mid 60’s tomorrow. Pack one of everything is good advice for visiting the Sault. The early morning fog can bring shipping in the Soo Locks to a standstill and without a moment’s notice the sun is shining and we carry on.
During July we take full advantage of the sun and the great outdoors in Sault Ste. Marie with festivals and great family events:
- 4th of July Parade & Fireworks
- Wednesday Music in the Park
- Wednesday Farmers Market
- Sault Tribe Powwow & Summer Gathering
- Weekly Concerts at John Johnston Historic Home
- Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Connor Gorsuch Kids Fishing Day
- Rendezvous in the Sault last full weekend in July
Boats in the St. Marys River are always a summer draw. Whether it’s the Sugar Island Ferry navigating the treacherous current or the thousand foot freighters quietly gliding up and down the river the boats are mesmerizing. Take a Soo Locks Boat Tour and you might get to sail with the freighters.
The sun has set on July but here in the Upper Peninsula we are comforted by the knowledge that these amazing sunsets are ours year round.
For more great photos please visit I Love Sault Ste. Marie Facebook page.